I was asked the other day about the error you can see in the image above:
Opera_1050_en_Setup.exe – Illegal System DLL Relocation
The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\Windows\System32\SHELL32.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.
This error occurs on Windows XP SP2 and it’s caused by some security updates: security update 925902 (MS07-017) and security update 928843 (MS07-008). The problem can be solved by bringing the system up to date.
So, to resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Install all important updates from the following Microsoft Web site:
- Try to run the program that did not start again. If the program starts and if you do not receive the error message in the “Symptoms of the problem” section, you are finished. If the error continues, follow steps 3 through 5.
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Click Download, and then click Run. If the Download button is not available, you must first click Validate to validate your copy of Windows.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to install update 935448.
Note: This problem occurs if you are also running BricoPack Vista Inspirat from CrystalXP. To resolve this problem, uninstall BricoPack Vista Inspirat.
Information via [Microsoft Support Center]