Today is the day. Microsoft released the the Windows 8.1 Preview. For those who already have Windows 8 on their devices and are thinking about updating to Windows 8.1 I will present you the upgrading process. The Windows 8.1 is offered via Store app and no disks or usb memory are required to get the update. The download size is about 2.4 GB and you need around 30 minutes to get the job done after downloading.
In order to upgrade your Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 you have to follow this steps:
1. Visit Microsoft Windows 8.1 download page and click on “Get the update” button.
2. Open the downloaded file with Windows Update Installer (Default action)
3. Windows Update Installer will start
4. Install the required update pack.
5. Be patient and wait for the install to finish. Restart your computer.
6. After restart, a message will inform you about the possibility of upgrade to Windows 8.1. Visit the Store App.
7. Click on the big banner
8. Click on the DOWNLOAD button
9. Wait until the necessary files are downloaded and your device is ready. A messenger will ask you for a restart. It is recommended to previously made a backup of your files and old Windows 8. Restarting your computer will enter the upgrading process.
10. Be patient and wait until everything is done. There will be a couples of restarts to your computer. Just be sure you got a stable power source and wait.
A little bit more colorful start page will pop up and your computer is ready. Have fun!