Hello, in the last 3 weeks I worked on getting MacOS 10.11.5 (El Capitan) running on my HP laptop. This was a success and now I am writing you from my MacOS – fully functional except the wireless/bluetooth card.
In order to achieve this I mainly followed this tutorial on tonymacx86.com except I didn’t used a Mac computer to create my USB bootable drive.
Optional changes to Hardware configuration of my ProBook:
- 4GB extra RAM Memory
- 120GB SSD replacement for default 750GB HDD
- DVD drive removed and replaced with Default 750 HDD (using a HDD Caddy)
- Download Yosemite VMware Image from “internet” and make it work on your PC
- Follow tonymacx tutorial and use this Virtual Machine as you Mac to download El Capitan and create your USB bootable drive
- Be super patient and take your time doing this. It is very possible to not work on a first try so you might need to repeat those steps. This will erase your drive so be carefully backing up your data/windows drive. I didn’t touch my SSD and I have my Windows installed there. My HDD has MacOS … therefore my PC is dual boot.
- After all went good… I had encounter some problems with my sound card. The sollution was to search on google after my IDT hardware ID and found the right “driver” on insanelymac.com forum
Have fun and enjoy entering the Hackintosh community.