If you have a HP laptop and if you upgrade your Windows to version 8 or 8.1 then you might got into some problems with Sleep function.
For example, if you set your computer to go into sleep mode after some time of inactivity, then you try to “Wake Up” your computer … it’s not gonna happen. Instead, when is trying to wake up, some sort of errors will occurs and your computer is gonna be automatically reset. Of course, all your opened programs will be close, as well as all your current work.
And this problem was around since Windows 8. On the internet you can find a lot of different and crazy solutions but in my case none of them worked…
But today, I’ve managed it… and it was very simple. All you need is to update your BIOS version to the latest one: “F.50 REV: A PASS: 1“
To do that just follow this steps:
1. Download HP SoftPaq tool: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/HP_SDM_Setup.exe
2. Install HP SoftPaq and let the program to download and search for updates for your computer.
3. Be sure you checked “HP Notebook System BIOS Update” (Critical). Press install button.
4. All your drivers updates will be automatically downloaded and installed except BIOS Update.
5. After you finish installing updates, select again “HP Notebook System BIOS Update” and choose manually installation.
6. Follow the BIOS update wizard and that’s all. Your computer will be automatically restarted during installation. Also, there will be something like 2 strange resets (with all leds bilking) but is all ok and it takes only a couple of minutes (4 or 5 minutes for the entire BIOS update).
p.s.: if your have the same issue with different brand PC then you may also search for an BIOS Update from your vendor.