With the last release of Firefox, Mozilla has included its new Social API with a nice previews integration of Facebook Messenger and notifications.
- Firefox Introduces New Social API and Previews Integration with Facebook [The Mozilla Blog]
- Mozilla releases Social API [.net magazine]
- Firefox 17 Launches With New Social API, Preview Of Facebook Messenger Integration [TechCrunch]
If you want to install your own Facebook notification and Messenger then:
1. Install or Update your browser to the latest Mozilla Firefox version
2. Go to this page: Facebook Messenger for Firefox and click on the Turn On button
3. You can disable chat sidebar by clicking on the Facebook icon.
That’s quite nice … Enjoy!